under cap condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMo3Stix

Reaction score
My buddy @ work traded for my brothers 95 xlt. When it's cold or rainy, he's getting condensation from the roof of the cap (so he says), causing his carpet to be wet. It sounds like weatherstripping/seals to me. Any other reason it would be doing this? Doesn't sound like there could be any other reason, unless his floorboards in the rear are shot and the moisture is coming from below, not above.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Where under the cap? Back by the passenger seat? If so, I would remove the trim pieces and try snugging up on the front bolts, (loosen the side bolts first so it will slide forward as you tighten the bolts around the cabin roof. It could be the seals, but usually, unless you have had the cap off they will still be good. If it is near the tail gate, remove the strip that holds the rug down and look under the rug for rust through.

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
J

JMo3Stix

Reaction score
Where under the cap? Back by the passenger seat? If so, I would remove the trim pieces and try snugging up on the front bolts, (loosen the side bolts first so it will slide forward as you tighten the bolts around the cabin roof. It could be the seals, but usually, unless you have had the cap off they will still be good. If it is near the tail gate, remove the strip that holds the rug down and look under the rug for rust through.

Good luck,

peace.gif
It was originally my brothers. He never had the cap off that i know of, but that doesn't mean the previous owners didn't. I'll Let my buddy know what to check. Appreciate the help man :)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Camper (Fiberglass) Roof Seam Crack TSB 95-09-05; Cosmetic cracks may appear in the seam sealer used on the exterior surface of the roof. This occurs because the original sealer was not flexible enough

tsb950905broncoseamcracks.jpg

Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

Also have him inspect cab Roof, Drip Rail & B Pillar for cracks;

Roof & Pillar Cracks TSB 96-20-11 for 80-96

Source: by Ford via Chilton

The repair kit is reported to be obsolete now; but;

Roof & Pillar Cracks Repair info & pics in a 93 Centurion

Source: by John D (Classic) at Superhttp://www.supermotors.net/registry/8794/28733

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane