New owner - 1988 EB Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneal46

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just acquired this 1988 Bronco from a guy in Arizona. Found it on CL and had my brother go look at it (he lives in Scottsdale). It was originally a Montana truck and then brought to AZ. It has a new 351W with less than 10,000 mi on it. Originally a 302. New OD trans as well. I have yet to see it in person but according to my brother it is a clean Bronco. I plan on using it for my winter "beater" here in Michigan. This will be my first Bronco and from what I have read they are great in winter weather. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Scott

Bronco 2.jpg

Bronco 3.jpg

Bronco 4.jpg

Bronco 8.jpg

Bronco 5.jpg

Bronc76

Reaction score
Welcome to the zone! From the pics, it looks too clean to be a beater.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Looks nice :D/

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
S

sneal46

Reaction score
Welcome Scott!

GL with it; if you need any info, always include the year, 5.8, AOD, transfer case (electric or manual shift) and any major mods (guessing it it is an AOD); one way to find out what else is in it; read my post #3 here; http://broncozone.com/topic/22440-drivetrain-identification/
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am a car/truck enthusiast who has owned anything from a 68 Chevelle to BMW M5. I love to explore new types of vehicles and I look forward to "breaking down" the Bronco. That link is absolutely perfect! The Bronco does have a new engine / trans so those are not original but I was told everything else is unmolested. We will see.

Regarding my comment on it being a winter beater...that was in jest. It will only be a part time driver and certainly washed each time it is exposed to salt. Good Zainos wax / polish coming in the spring.

By the way... in the pics of some owners 351 engines I see a plastic cover over the throttle body. My engine does not have one. Is it missing?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66