throttle body coolant lines disconnected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
I noticed the coolant lines from the throttle body had been disconnected by a previous owner so will it cause any problems when cold and are they known to leak.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I had a minor leak in mine. It was where the rubber line from the TB tied into the hard line at the top of the rad. Just had to cut off the factory crimp, a little of the rubber hose and add a new hose clamp.

And yes It could be a factor on how the truck performs.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Ogden

Reaction score
It had a new radiator before I got it and the line that goes to the radiator is missing so it might have got broken in the process,it also came from Georgia so they might have thought it was not needed but its now in Ohio where it gets much colder so I will grab one during my next junkyard visit.

DNBELOWBRONCO

Reaction score
You can find them on Broncos, F150, 250, 350 all with 5.8's. Cutting and replacing with rubber hose will work too! I think you can still get one from Motorcraft, got one a couple years ago. They don't warm up the throttle body, it cools off the T.B. The EGR valve sits close and super heats up the gasses so Ford first started "Tee'ing" into the heater hose line and from there to the T.B. on earlier years, '86-'89 etc, then on my years, '93-'96, they changed it to the hose/metal line across the radiator set-up. It also goes up closer to the top of the T.B. as opposed to the lower half on earlier years. If you have an earlier (spliced-in) model you can use our later setup and it actually drops the temps about 30 degs at the T.B. and about 12 degs at the EGR valve body!!! It doesn't have much pressure in it so you shouldn't need to flair it if you just decide to replace the hose part. Either way, fix it don't plug it off.... :)>- -Kevin-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Jeff,

Add Year, Engine, Tranny to Signature or at least in Q so we can give you the correct info;

As DNBELOWBRONCO mentioned, Some Ford dealers still have the lines.

F2TZ-8555-A

Part:F2TZ-8555-A

Availability:1 found at 1 sellerDescription:

HOSE - WATER INLET; Condition:New OEM / NOS (New Old Stock) Sellers with this part; PiFordparts.com : Farmers Branch, TX

Coolant Line From Radiator to Throttle Body; Ford part number; "F2TZ8555B (20" mounting tabs) (2 core radiators);...in another post he wrote; ; 20" would be a 2 core radiator; 24" would be for a 1 core radiator"

So a 24" one was the same number but with "A" instead on "B"

Source: by Need4racin

Coolant Line From Radiator to Throttle Body Fabrication & Installation pics in a 96 :...Here's the photos of the Gates transmission cooler line I used. I also used Oetiker stainless smooth inside crimp clamps. I think they were 21/32" diameter = 16mm. Which is what the 162 mark on them is for....16.2mm. In the photo it looks like its close to the alternator pulley. But its not. 2D photo in a 3D world. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It just runs across the top of the radiator and makes a loop over by the fill neck. The last photo is the short one from the water outlet on the intake to the bottom of the throttle body. Not very expensive either. I think $8 worth of hose. Its pretty high temp stuff...and good to 400psi. My cooling system doesn't quite get to 400 psi..."

Source: by 3speed at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/22641/74821

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo