Tailgate window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.J

Reaction score
Hello everyone at BRONCO ZONE,

I'm having trouble with the back window on my 1992 Bronco XLT. I have checked the fusses and there good, checked the motor and it works, I also checked to see if there was power getting to the switch and there is. Don't have a clue to whats the problem. Need HELP kinda hard to get grocery's in the truck if back window dose not work. :((

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D

Here is a wiring diagram, perhaps it will help you troubleshoot the problem, The dash switch is a key piece as the ground for both switches pass through it. Other than that, it could be most any connection between the tail gate and the dash switch. If you have a multimeter, it is a fairly easy problem to troubleshoot.

The latch safety switch is a common problem. Try pushing in on the left side of your tail gate while turning the key, if it works the switch is the problem. A lot of people just bypass that switch, it's function is to prevent you from putting the window up without the tail gate closed.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Tail gate window circuit 80 -86.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Welcome to the zone!

My first thought when reading this is the safety switch is not closing. Push on the left side near the latch as you use the key to open / close the window. If it works you will need to adjust that switch or bypass it all together.

Good Luck

OP
OP
O

O.J

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info. I will get on it and keep y'all posted :)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads