lifter noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco Kid!

Reaction score
hey guys i just completely re-built this 302, and i put roller cam, and roller lifters in it i also put in new push rods to make up the differance in roller lifter, i however have not put roller rockers on yet, anyway on first start up the lifters are noisy. my rockers are the pedistal type so i just torqued them to spec. just curious if its so noisy because im not runnin roller rockers

OP
OP
Bronco Kid!

Bronco Kid!

Reaction score
well figured out my push rods were .080 to short but then the guys at delta cams gave me the wrong push rods again now theyre to long and i cant spin the engine by hand... shoot me now please!! this bronco is begining to get the best of me

OP
OP
Bronco Kid!

Bronco Kid!

Reaction score
hey just an update

heres the skiny on my lifter noise. well i built a 302 for my bronc i have a engine out of a early 80's mustang its a non **, so i put a 2 steps above RV roller cam and roller lifters in her. well the boys at delta cam gave me the stock pushrods for a ** motor that are 6.250 long, finally got it dialed in i actually had to get 6.350 long pushrods to make up the .080 gap at the valve, the extra 20 is for preload on the lifters. so if anyone swaps a roller into there engine remember to go .100 to .120 longer than the ** pushrods

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke