brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WileE7

Reaction score
I haven't driven my bronco in about a year i've started and let it run occasionally but thats the most action it has gotten. I decided to move it yesterday and when i stepped on brakes the pedal went straight to the floor i pressed it 5-10 times and it kept doing the same thing. i put it in reverse to see if the brakes worked and they did but the only way they would engage is if the pedal was as far down as it would go. what component do i need to replace to fix this issue?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Chances are that your brake system has a leak in it. Setting around doesn't help and often causes serious rust to the underneath of the vehicle. You may have to replace the brake lines and perhaps the rear cylinders. Inspect the underneath of your truck for evidence of leaks and if that is the case I would recommend that you replace your lines with stainless steel lines. Factory lines are plain steel and rust out. ;For the time being you can add some fluid to the reservoir. You may also want to put in a new Master cylinder while you are at it.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Krafty

Reaction score
if you still have fluid in your master cylinder and aren't leaking fluid then it would be the seals in your master cylinder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane