no brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

budster 95

Reaction score
Had no brake lights on my 93, checked all the usual things (fuses, bulbs, switch, etc.). I traced the problem to the multi. sw assy. in the steering column. its functions are, turn signals, high beams, hazard lights, but the brake light circuit also goes through it. After removing the switch assy, i took it apart. I found that the previous owner must have spilled coffee on the column, and it turned all of the multiple copper contacts green. Cleaned them up with steel wool, put back together about 4 times, till i got it right. now all of the functions are working properly. If you are not a technician, i would not recommend taking the switch apart, just replace it if needed.

DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ya, but look at all you learned :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

peace.gif

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Good stuff Bud!

Thanks for posting!

and for posterity

Wiring Diagram in 96 Bronco

96MFSwiringdiagram.gif

from Ford Bronco Workshop Manual

others press Hazard button a few 100 times to clean the contacts there too.

OP
OP
B

budster 95

Reaction score
yo,

Good stuff Bud!

Thanks for posting!

and for posterity

Wiring Diagram in 96 Bronco

View attachment 10841

from Ford Bronco Workshop Manual

others press Hazard button a few 100 times to clean the contacts there too.

Thanks Miesk5. I also found the post about the Master Cylinder plug recall (speed sensor) on BZ. My Bronco was sitting for the past 11 years, and the recall was never done. I went right out and unplugged it, thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22