ford ranger support?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ S

Reaction score
where can i get some help for my 1997 ford ranger? i asked on some ranger forum i found and 24 views no anwser yet and its been a week. but my problem is i have the 4.0 1997 ranger 4 wheel drive. now when i start the truck up my temp gauge goes right to half way (its a little higher then when it normally runs when it warms up) but it stays there. so i thought the thermostat was going bad cause it was 6+ plus years old. so we took it out and put it in boiling water and at 190 degrees it opened up. so we changed it anyway since we had it out. but we got it back together and it still does the same thing, temp gauge goes to half way as soon as you turn the key. so could it be a sending unit or something else?

sorry about posting about a ranger in here but like i said the ranger forums no one is responseding.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not a problem guy. Well. certainly your engine doesn't heat up that fast, so it is most likely in the gauge circuit. Senders are cheap and easy to replace. Do not use Teflon tape or other gunk on the sender threads, it depends on the thread contact to make the ground for the circuit and they are designed to seal.

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
A

AJ S

Reaction score
we replaced the sending unit and now instead of the temp going to half way it stays at the spot when the truck is off. so you think it could be in the dashboard circuit? and if so what should i look for?

Seabronc

Reaction score
I should have suggested this before, but get yourself an EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) for your year truck, a quick search on eBay produces this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Truck-1997-Ranger-Electrical-Manual-EVTM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf46d63d2QQitemZ330518324178QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature . Then using that trouble shoot the circuit, check the wire for continuity, with such opposite results, it sounds like you no longer have a connection. That manual, by the way, is one of the best investments you can make for your truck.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke