Rear Driveshaft rebuild help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86_Beast

Reaction score
I need some help with my rear driveshaft on my Bronco. I took it out already because of a bad u-joint or 2 and swapped in my spare I had but I want to rebuild it, all the rebuild info I have looked up is for 66-77, or 88-96 nothing for the 85-87 driveshaft, any help please?? I would rather rebuild it then pay the local driveline shop $150+ to rebuild it and I don't want to buy one from broncograveyard as I want to save as much as possible.

Krafty

Reaction score
for rebuild info the 88 to 96 will work cause the only thing different is the yokes on the end.

http://www.rblewis.net/personal/bronco/driveshaft/

here is a link to a "spicer" double cardan driveshaft rebuild, again its the same as your shaft despite the year range they provide on the website.

all the parts can be bought from somewhere like napa or somewhere like that. if a welded yoke is toast then a driveline shop will have to fix it, unless you have a very steady hand and driveshaft jig.

Krafty

Reaction score
ps can you fix your signature its buggin me. is it the 2bbl or is it the 4160 double pumper, can't be both.

OP
OP
86_Beast

86_Beast

Reaction score
checked that site didn't know if it would work thanks, and its a 2bbl intake with a 4160 carb.

Krafty

Reaction score
wow did not know about that, right on. I will shut my big mouth ( sorry for diverting the thread).

good luck with your driveshaft

OP
OP
86_Beast

86_Beast

Reaction score
No big deal, most people scratch their head when I tell them about it to. Only reason it is on there is I cracked my 2bbl carb when it fell off my table in my shop and I had the 4bbl handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke