2 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linda

Reaction score
I'm going to lift my bronco 2 inches and would like to know if it is nessesary to purchase a camber or not and which shocks would be best for this. Thanks

OP
OP
L

linda

Reaction score
Sorry about that I have a 95 bronco and I do go on the sand with it a lot So d0 u think I def need the camber also do you think it will interfere with the drive shaft the brake line or

the Pinion angle. Thanks

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If you are planning to install 2" leveling coils in the frontend, then you will likely need new, adjustable camber bushings. There is a sticky or pinned topic on page 1 of the 80-96 forum thaqt explains the geometry of the bronco TTB frontend and the problems with lifting kits. you will need new shocks designed for a 0-2" lift kit, and I would recommend one of the better offroad brands such as Rancho, Explorer Pro Comp, Superlift or Skyjacker over any of the cheapies from the local parts store. You will also need a new frontend alignment after installing the leveling coils, so try to find a shop that has knowledge of the Ford Bronco suspension, JSM84

OP
OP
L

linda

Reaction score
If you are planning to install 2" leveling coils in the frontend, then you will likely need new, adjustable camber bushings. There is a sticky or pinned topic on page 1 of the 80-96 forum thaqt explains the geometry of the bronco TTB frontend and the problems with lifting kits. you will need new shocks designed for a 0-2" lift kit, and I would recommend one of the better offroad brands such as Rancho, Explorer Pro Comp, Superlift or Skyjacker over any of the cheapies from the local parts store. You will also need a new frontend alignment after installing the leveling coils, so try to find a shop that has knowledge of the Ford Bronco suspension, JSM84

lynchsg

Reaction score
I did a 2" spring lift all the way around and could not get the camber to go even close to flat (tires wear evenly there) with the Ford normal bushing type alignment bushings. I purchased (don't remember where but they can be found on line) some drop brackets (bolted in) with Chevy type cam adjusters for the proper camber settings. The caster is still set by the ford bushings. Drives the alignment shop guys nuts and takes a couple of shots at it to get right but worth it. Tires wear perfect. With my quick steer ratio gearbox I found a 2" drop pitman arm necessary to correct the slight "wandering" from the steering tie rod linkage angle change with the 2" lift. Hope this helps someone! 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke