4link coilovers front and rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctryboysurvivor

Reaction score
upon my return from Afghanistan i plan on 4link coil over front and rear with 60s front and rear with 38 possibly 44 . just wondering if anyone out there as done similar build would like any input and really would like some pics or proper placement for good geometry ?thanx for ur time .this build is for my 87

Last edited by a moderator:

Elmo

Reaction score
I would like to express my gratitude for the service and sacrifices of you and your family. from one Vet to you thanks for all you do.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome to bronco Zone, and thanks as well for your service!!! While the Dana60 SAS on my 84 Bronco uses the leaf springs in front and rear, I did plenty of searching on 4 links and such. You can install a triangulated 4-link and coilsprings or coilover shocks in the rear, but I would suggest doinga 3-link on the front D60. A really good option I considered was using the Cage offroad arms, along with an adjustable tracbar. I decided that while I may do that at some point in the future, I wanted to first get the 1-ton axles under the Bronco and get her running on some trails. I also had some interference issues with the frame outriggers for my rollcage and modified tranny crossmember. These issues are something to address with any type of SAS (Straight Axle Swap), as things quickly become cluttered underneath the frame rails. The leafspring setup was far more simpler to install as well.

The parts list for DOM tubing, Heim joints and mounts was a bit over $2200, but that was five years ago. I would suspect these parts to run about $4000 now, excluding the donor axles. I'm not even sure is Cage is still in business? one of the best websites I've found for serious suspension mods is Pirate4x4.com for all types of offroad rigs. You can also check out the extensive SAS forum section over at Fullsizebronco.com, which has many members with SAS'd Bronco's. You may also look up Miesk5's Homepage of Bronco Links and visit the suspension sections.

JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

As my pal JSME84 mentioned, I have some 4 Link info Links in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=355

One such Link is;

pics in an 89; "Unlike most Broncos you see running around the desert, this one is sporting a custom built Solo Motorsports four-link suspension. You sacrifice a lot of cabin space running this type of suspension but the pay off is well worth it in our opinion. Solo chose Fox 2.5 coilovers and smooth body shocks for the rear as well as Fox 4-inch 2.0 air bumps. The rear travel measures a whopping 21 inches. Solo enclosed the shock mounts for the four-link on either side of the rear seat. This helps keep noise and dirt out of the cabin. As we mentioned earlier, you sacrifice a little bit of room with this suspension" see and read more

Source: by Solo Motorsports @ http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/0910or_1989_ford_bronco/index.html

Be safe there!

OP
OP
C

ctryboysurvivor

Reaction score
thanx for all the info . have been lookin threw it for the past few days dont know if im goin to commit to the 4 link idea just yet . my leaf front end similar to jsm bronco . not to sure yet , im in the planing phase of my build . have about 4 more months to make my mind up . thanxs again and if anyone else out there has pics of a 4 link front or 3link or more info,i would like ur help. AMERICA!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22