66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
coolio2281

Independent Front Suspension

hey guys, back in august 2010 i purchased a 1997 250 powerstroke, solid front axle the whole nine yards for a complete diesel swap in my bronco, i plan on on going this project when i get out of school next yr... while i was in class last week in suspension, i was driving my buddies 02 duramax, i loved the way it rode, i know what his truck is capable off road as well, just wondering, i know alot of custom fabrication is needed but once i do this swap, what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine, thanks guys

Huh...?

Un-clear if, at the end of the day, you want the solid or independent suspension.. :unsure:

"what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine"

Be interesting to see if anyone can actually answer this...who's actually done it.

If you find someone., take a ride in it.

IMHO., buy an '02 Duramax if that's what you like. You'll be time & $$$ ahead.. $-)

Although, as I've said., a while back, I saw a "Hemi" stuffed into a Nash Metropolitan. :o

Have fun with that., should be interesting..keep us posted. B)

haha yeah thats about where iam at yardape...put the 10 1/4 in today next week will bring the 7.3/e4od drop..after that iam tackling this ifs setup

Good luck, it will be interesting to see what you come up with. Take lots of pictures and post the results. I'm sure it will benefit someone else in the future.

:)>-

Chevy parts on a Ford blink.gif... ok I guess... I have seen stranger things.

If I were you I'd just stick with the solid axle from the 97.

hey guys, back in august 2010 i purchased a 1997 250 powerstroke, solid front axle the whole nine yards for a complete diesel swap in my bronco, i plan on on going this project when i get out of school next yr... while i was in class last week in suspension, i was driving my buddies 02 duramax, i loved the way it rode, i know what his truck is capable off road as well, just wondering, i know alot of custom fabrication is needed but once i do this swap, what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine, thanks guys

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.