Independent Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolio2281

Reaction score
hey guys, back in august 2010 i purchased a 1997 250 powerstroke, solid front axle the whole nine yards for a complete diesel swap in my bronco, i plan on on going this project when i get out of school next yr... while i was in class last week in suspension, i was driving my buddies 02 duramax, i loved the way it rode, i know what his truck is capable off road as well, just wondering, i know alot of custom fabrication is needed but once i do this swap, what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine, thanks guys

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Huh...?

Un-clear if, at the end of the day, you want the solid or independent suspension.. :unsure:

"what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine"

Be interesting to see if anyone can actually answer this...who's actually done it.

If you find someone., take a ride in it.

IMHO., buy an '02 Duramax if that's what you like. You'll be time & $$$ ahead.. $-)

Although, as I've said., a while back, I saw a "Hemi" stuffed into a Nash Metropolitan. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Have fun with that., should be interesting..keep us posted. B)

OP
OP
C

coolio2281

Reaction score
haha yeah thats about where iam at yardape...put the 10 1/4 in today next week will bring the 7.3/e4od drop..after that iam tackling this ifs setup

Seabronc

Reaction score
Good luck, it will be interesting to see what you come up with. Take lots of pictures and post the results. I'm sure it will benefit someone else in the future.

:)>-

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Chevy parts on a Ford
blink.gif
... ok I guess... I have seen stranger things.

If I were you I'd just stick with the solid axle from the 97.

billyo1

Reaction score
hey guys, back in august 2010 i purchased a 1997 250 powerstroke, solid front axle the whole nine yards for a complete diesel swap in my bronco, i plan on on going this project when i get out of school next yr... while i was in class last week in suspension, i was driving my buddies 02 duramax, i loved the way it rode, i know what his truck is capable off road as well, just wondering, i know alot of custom fabrication is needed but once i do this swap, what all would i need to do to complete an independent front suspension, capable of offroading and being very durable with the weight of the truck/engine, thanks guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke