66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
miesk5

FREE EPDM Serpentine Belt Wear Gauge

yo,

I filled the form out & Gates sent it to me in 2 weeks

Gauge is a plastic P shaped design with the long vertical section that is inserted into V Belt's ribs & acts a go/no-go

see this Gates Site for a depiction

Gates Info; "EPDM belts, installed by original equipment manufacturers on new vehicles since the late 1990s, typically do not show obvious signs of wear, as with Neoprene belts. Cracks and chunk-outs rarely occur, so it is necessary to evaluate belt wear differently. Like tires, EPDM belts wear out gradually, steadily losing rubber material. Gates has developed this Belt Wear Gauge to help you assess wear on these newer EPDM belts. It is simple to use, and will allow you to quickly gauge wear on a multi-ribbed serpentine belt–either on the engine or off.

The Belt Wear Gauge results indicate an approximation of the material loss from the belt, which should be taken into consideration with other factors—such as mileage, operating conditions, and the condition of other components of the accessory drive. You should use your judgment when making repair recommendations or decisions.

Please provide the following information, and we will send you a FREE Belt Wear Gauge:"

SEE SITE for Form..

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Limit: One (1) gauge per person. Gauge is available to residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. Gauge is distributed by: Gates Corporation, 1551 Wewatta Street, Denver, CO 80202

Edited by miesk5

Just in case anyone was hesitant about this...

I ordered this the day miesk5 posted this and the tool arrived today and yes it was totally free...

Looks to be simple and it does come with instructions.