302 Block Compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvlFaust

Reaction score
Howdy;

The 302 in my 1995 Bronco currently runs to get me from here to there, but is definitly limping at times. My buddy has a 302 block out of an 83 Mustang (casting #E0AE D3C 3J16) that I would like to use to build up using a set of heads that I got off of a 302 out of a 96 Bronco (don't have the casting number available at the moment). I wanted to know if there is any variation in the 302 block from year to year, mainly wanting to make sure that the block out of the Mustang will work as a rebuild for my Bronco. I want to have the engine rebuilt and ready to go so that all I have to do is swap the intake and accessories off my current engine and drop it in.

Thanks.

Seabronc

Reaction score
A 302 block is a 302 block and parts from other 302s will fit just fine. You might want to go to a book store or Amazon.com and get a copy of "Ford Engine Parts Interchange" by George Reid, "How to Rebuild Small-Block Ford Engines" by Tom Monroe, and "Ford V-8s On Budget" by George Reid, among others.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno