Simple Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95 Bronco XLT

Reaction score
How do I hook up my obd-I scanner to pull codes in . Im familiar with obd-II but never used the first generation scanners b4.

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

the OBD-2 port under dash to passenger side of on some late 95 model year builds is a blank connector that Ford began inserting prematurely; for the switch to EEC V/OBD II in 96. Ford did a # of these changes in other years, such as the revised 95/96 3 ***** automatic locking hubs,,,

Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) Location pic in a 96; Boss Has a cord plugged into it (end rolled up on tranny hum carpet) in this pic; is under of ashtray, to right

Source: by bossind (boss, Steve) at http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/757663/original/dsc_0010.jpg

The EEC-IV self-test connector is under da hood, driver's side

The EEC-IV computer system uses TWO test connectors.

– A large six sided connector. See Joe's pic in Link below

– A small single wire “pigtail” connector. Ditto

Both of these connectors must be plugged into the Code Scanner before use.

selftest02.gif

Image by Ryan M

or save $ if you haven't bought a scanner yet;

SELF TEST - COMPREHENSIVE & Connector Location pics, Bronco & Ford; "...The self-test plugs were mounted on the passenger side fender on 1985-86 EFI trucks; The self-test plugs are located along the driver's side fender behind the air filter box on 87-95 EFI trucks..."; miesk5 NOTE; Self-Test Input (STI) is the Pin in the Lt gray Connector and Signal Return Ground (STO/SIGRET) is Pin E in black Connector in 87-95; The engine temperature must be greater than 50°F (10°C) to pass the KOEO Self-Test and greater than 180°F (82°C) to pass the KOER Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears incl Reverse. Then turn off all accesories/lights, etc. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic) or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch. Do Key On Engine Off (KOEO) portion first. Look Codes up in my broncolinks.com site using the new Search function. Source: by BroncoJoe19 (Joe) at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke