351 and fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-mikko-

Reaction score
Hello all!

I was wondering, how much is normal fuel consumption for a 351 EFI bronco?

My bronco (stock -88 with 31 10.5. 15 Bf all terrains) takes about 30 litres per 100 kilometers which is 7.9 gallon for a 62.5 miles so it makes about 8 miles per gallon!?

...and everybody says that 351 EFI is very fuel friendly :blush:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
That's close to what mine is getting. I have heard some people say they're getting around 12 MPG...

Krafty

Reaction score
my 302's would get about 15 to 16 on a good day of driving like an old man.

but other things like excessive weight, weak spark, clogged fuel filter, improperly set timing, resistance from worn out bearings, sludgey gear/ diff oil, slipping transmission, brakes that rub.

every little thing over time can have a negative effect on the mileage of a vehicle.

also other things like terrain, weather and road conditions that we have no control over.

a big one is leaving it in 4x4 when you don't need it, or leaving the hubs locked when the driving conditions don't call for it.

and it never hurts to sea foam your engine, adamdude swears by it.

Bronc76

Reaction score
I've left the hubs locked before (just too lazy to unlock them when I didn't need them). Although I might try the seafoam to see if it works.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Hello all!

I was wondering, how much is normal fuel consumption for a 351 EFI bronco?

My bronco (stock -88 with 31 10.5. 15 Bf all terrains) takes about 30 litres per 100 kilometers which is 7.9 gallon for a 62.5 miles so it makes about 8 miles per gallon!?

...and everybody says that 351 EFI is very fuel friendly :blush:
Broncos are more like gas station friendly ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . 8 MPG is definitely on the low end so you need to do some looking at factors that are making it so low. Setting around idling while warming up will take a big bite out of your mileage, excess weight, needing a tune up, running in 4WD, stop and go traffic, etc. Krafty had a good list also.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke