Headlight Fogging. Replacing it, but from where?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianMetzger

Reaction score
First off, let me start with an introduction of my car. I own a 1994 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 2dr SUV 4WD. This car's been great to me, never giving me a great deal of stress over any major issues. Just yesterday I walked into my garage to notice that the drivers side headlight on my Bronco appeared to be an opaque color, instead of its usual transparent appearance. I believe this is referred to as headlight fogging. Anyways, I've decided to buy an aftermarket replacement light online. I've already done some browsing around online for stores and have narrowed it down to two that I liked. THe price difference between the parts on each store is significant which is why I'm not sure now which company is legitimate. Has anyone ever dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.go-part.com/9296-ford-bronco-headlight-assembly-left-driver-p-12747.html

or

http://www.jcwhitney.com/original-equipment-style-headlamps/p2016723.jcwx?skuId=413031&TID=8014524FT4&zmam=15972153&zmas=21&zmac=161&zmap=335011

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I have bought things at jcwhitney, they have been around for ever.

I had an issue with my car getting some moisture inside the headlight assembly. It was caused by a leaking O-ring for the headlight bulb socket. Bought a new bulb, and all was well.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone >

Yup, I agree with Joe. Before you spend the money on a new headlight assembly, try drying it out and get a new gasket. If that doesn't work, you can get the assemblies from several places, but I prefer LMC Truck http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=154

JCW is not one of my favorite places but I have done business with them before.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Foggin.g.

Inside or outside?? If outside, use mothers aluminum and mag polish. Works wonders. If inside, yea due to water.

Also wouldn't hurt to have an hid kit!

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Foggin.g.

Inside or outside?? If outside, use mothers aluminum and mag polish. Works wonders. If inside, yea due to water.

Also wouldn't hurt to have an hid kit!

I've been looking at HIDs for some time now and I'm not sure they are worth it. Yes they are bright and if the lights are not aimed correctly they will blind other drivers. You will also lose your high beams when switching to HIDs, I know they make them with the second filament but there is a delay when switching from high to low and the HIDs come back to temperature causing you to have very little light when driving, not safe.

Just my oppinion...

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I've been looking at HIDs for some time now and I'm not sure they are worth it. Yes they are bright and if the lights are not aimed correctly they will blind other drivers. You will also lose your high beams when switching to HIDs, I know they make them with the second filament but there is a delay when switching from high to low and the HIDs come back to temperature causing you to have very little light when driving, not safe.

Just my oppinion...
Actually.. The bulb moves thus giving you high beams.. So no delay. Also, I've never needed to use my high beams in two years..

They are worth it. I have em on all my vehicles. The best part is going down the highway, and people slow down to pace, to compare theirs to mine.

I do have em as high beams on my two other trucks and like I said, I've never had to use em. I do have a set in some hella offroad lights. Brighter than a buds kc daylighters. Cheaper too.

Don't knock em till you try em ;-)