78 seat brackets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kohlberg

Reaction score
I am looking for factory 1978 Bronco bucket seat brackets. Jeff's Bronco graveyard does'nt have emand no luck at the wrecking yard. Any suggestions?

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I am looking for factory 1978 Bronco bucket seat brackets. Jeff's Bronco graveyard does'nt have emand no luck at the wrecking yard. Any suggestions?
I had to replace my 78 bronco seats and had a set of Toyota bucket seats given to me. I had a friend take some angel iron and make me a set. You can have them made for your stock seats. I gave my friend $40 for making mine and he done a really good job. He even made a place so I can put things under it without the slideing out.

Good luck. I don,t know what I done with my brackets. I took one of the seats and made me a computer chair.haha

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
I had to replace my 78 bronco seats and had a set of Toyota bucket seats given to me. I had a friend take some angel iron and make me a set. You can have them made for your stock seats. I gave my friend $40 for making mine and he done a really good job. He even made a place so I can put things under it without the slideing out.

Good luck. I don,t know what I done with my brackets. I took one of the seats and made me a computer chair.haha
If you would like for me to check with the junk yard back hear --since you are restoreing it-(to original) I can check for you. Let me know.

BUCKIN'94WFO

Reaction score
You can also look around for some of the '73 through '96 SuperCabs with bucket seats. They may not have "EXACTLY" the same bracketry, meaning the seat bottom may slide forward while the seat back leans up- instead of how the entire seat bottom of the '78 & '79's pop up and forward. Either way you'll still be able to get into your back seat area. ...just a thought! By the way, since all the floor pans are essentially the same, you may not have to do any burning in your cockpit area either, just a simple bolt in procedure!! It's also nice that you can upgrade to some "Power Lumbar" seats from the '93 to '96 years. Just make sure you pull all the wiring back to the fuse panel off of your "donor truck" and use it's relay/power source locations to rewire your '78. Then again, if you're lookin' to keep it ALL original you're goin' to have to stick with the same year model Bronco/SuperCabs bucket seats. It MAY be tough to find SuperCabs with buckets though. Most of 'em came with bench seats on sliders. I know for a fact that you can retro fit '96 SuperCab velour seats into a '94 Bronco 'cuz I've done it. I'll check back in with you in a couple of days. I'll go out to the Boooger and pull my factory passenger seat and see if the '94 seats (floor pan) bolt holes are in the same locations. That'll help keep you from possibly blowin' money on some later model seats that may require bracket mods! Shouldn't take more than 10 or 12 minutes. I'll post back up after checkin' it out.
peace.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
K

Kohlberg

Reaction score
You can also look around for some of the '73 through '96 SuperCabs with bucket seats. They may not have "EXACTLY" the same bracketry, meaning the seat bottom may slide forward while the seat back leans up- instead of how the entire seat bottom of the '78 & '79's pop up and forward. Either way you'll still be able to get into your back seat area. ...just a thought! By the way, since all the floor pans are essentially the same, you may not have to do any burning in your cockpit area either, just a simple bolt in procedure!! It's also nice that you can upgrade to some "Power Lumbar" seats from the '93 to '96 years. Just make sure you pull all the wiring back to the fuse panel off of your "donor truck" and use it's relay/power source locations to rewire your '78. Then again, if you're lookin' to keep it ALL original you're goin' to have to stick with the same year model Bronco/SuperCabs bucket seats. It MAY be tough to find SuperCabs with buckets though. Most of 'em came with bench seats on sliders. I know for a fact that you can retro fit '96 SuperCab velour seats into a '94 Bronco 'cuz I've done it. I'll check back in with you in a couple of days. I'll go out to the Boooger and pull my factory passenger seat and see if the '94 seats (floor pan) bolt holes are in the same locations. That'll help keep you from possibly blowin' money on some later model seats that may require bracket mods! Shouldn't take more than 10 or 12 minutes. I'll post back up after checkin' it out.
peace.gif

Seabronc

Reaction score
You would be better off sending 79f350 a PM.  Click on his avatar and then click on the "Send Me  Message" button.

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22