my gear options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oktogo

Reaction score
ok i have a 89 bronco with a c6 and 38in tires i have 3.55 gears now with a open dif, shes real slugish oh the line and gettin to 55. my 8.8 is about to need alot of $$$ put in new axles bearing gears ect so i have a 9in that is pretty stout besides the gears and nows the best time to go up so for better in town and a lil 55mph drivin with hills i was thinkin { 4.11 4.56 4.88?} i do not offroad much just a lil and i like to have ass off the line so whats my best bet with tryin to get a lil gas millage outa it cuzz now im dogin to get up them hills. thanks for any input yall have B)

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo, try this calc;

Gear Ratio Guide for Larger Tires Source: by Rough Country® roughcountry.com

Differential Gear Ratio Calculator Enter the maximum potential safe engine RPM. Enter the tire size diameter and the target vehicle speed in MPH. Click on Calculate Differential Gear Ratio. The value will be returned in estimated differential gear ratio, based on the entered values. To do another, click the Clear Values button and then enter a new set of values. Calculated accuracy of current Javascript enabled browsers is generally 16 places.

http://www.balsa.no/bil/calcs/gearcalc/

Calculator (RPM/MPH); by axle ratio, transmission & transfer case type, tire diameter); Punch in da info; see graph; then click Unclutter

Transmission: C6 Transfer: BW1356 Axle: 4.88

Gears 1. gear 2. gear 3. gear

Ratios 2.46:1 1.46:1 1:1

Allover

ratios HI 12 7.12 4.88

LO 32.29 19.17 13.13

Min. rpm @60 mph: 2591 rpm.

----

How about using 4:56?

THIS SITE's PROGRAMMING WON't ALLOW SOME IMAGE TO BE DISPLAYED!!! This will be my 4th attempt..This is getting OLD FAST.. PROGRAMMING SHOULD BE AT LEAST REFECT WHICH IMAGE IS AT FAULT INSTEAD OF A BLANKET ERROR MESSAGE.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke