What are these for

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Does anybody have any idea what these are for besides gauging chunks of meat out of my back and head?

:)>-

Painting Prep 005.jpg

Elmo

Reaction score
I have always figured they were used to locate the frame in a jig during assembly. Altho the pin being that large seems a bit excessive for that purpose. I usually cut them off after i hit them two or three times with my head to check for regidity

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
also why are there just random holes in the frame? it seems like theres no plus to them accept to accelerate rusting

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

I think they're for the production line too. Altho very substantial, they installtion of engines, etd. were more "brutal" than today's Robot lines.

Ford also refers to them as Studs when doing an "Underbody Misalignment Check"

this is for a 96 F 150 Regular Cab Short Bed (4x4)

UnderbodyMisalignmentCheck96f150.gif

MEASURING POINTS Item Description

1 15mm (0.59-Inch) Hole

2 Bolt

3 15mm (0.59-Inch) Hole

4 Bolt

5 Stud

6 Rivet

7 Stud

8 Rivet

9 Stud

10 8mm (0.31-Inch) Hole

11 12mm (0.47-Inch) Hole

12 12mm (0.47-Inch) Hole

13 12mm (0.47-Inch) Hole

14 12mm (0.47-Inch) Hole

15 Rivet

16 12mm (0.47-Inch) Hole

17 11mm (0.43-Inch) Hole

18 Rivet

19 Stud

20 Rivet

Underbody Misalignment Check

The dimensions of the underbody must be restored in repairing major body damage to provide correct front and rear wheel geometry. Refer to the Underbody Dimensions diagram for the underbody dimensions. All the dimensions are detailed to the centerline of existing holes in the underbody assembly. Once the frame and suspension members are aligned, other operations in this section can be performed.

Underbody Dimensions

NOTE: All dimensions are true point-to-point in inches. Measuring can be performed using the Rotunda Complete Laser Measuring System 190-01025 or equivalent.

Door openings are checked in the same manner as the body. Horizontal, vertical, and diagonal checking points are established on all four sides of the door opening that is being measured.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo