Sound deadener & heat sheild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm starting to put my 69 Bronco back together again and want to put in some nice sound and heat shield on the firewall, front and rear floors. It has a full carpet kit, so I need to use something that's not too thick. Jeff's has Hushmat, but I'm not familiar with that product. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hatu

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Carpet in a Bronco haha whats next A/C Heat Wow now your wife is going too want floor boards haha and a lid too keep the rain and snow off ... those are deluxe items broncos need axles gears lockers cages motors(basic stuff) and more gears.... carpet is for your bedroom!!! HAHAQHAHA Ask Broncoholics and me we have tin on the floor!!!

No offense online there is three sound deadener products none better then the other except for cost and dps compared

BBB

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having some nice hardwood floors in mine..easy cleanup, and such.

But I don't think I could live without carpet..haha

I would just use regular house hold stuff that is under your carpets in your home. Cheap, and easy to get (lowes or home depot)

OP
OP
H

Hatu

Reaction score
Carpet in a Bronco haha whats next A/C Heat Wow now your wife is going too want floor boards haha and a lid too keep the rain and snow off ... those are deluxe items broncos need axles gears lockers cages motors(basic stuff) and more gears.... carpet is for your bedroom!!! HAHAQHAHA Ask Broncoholics and me we have tin on the floor!!!

No offense online there is three sound deadener products none better then the other except for cost and dps compared

BBB

Yea, I understand your thinking, but this rig was given to me for my birthday and it's pretty much restored to like new and it has a full blown stock factory "Sport" interior. I'm just making a few improvements and when I took out the old heat shield and padding it fell apart, so I need to replace it with something better than it had. A/C may be a possibility in the future; it's pretty hot here and if I decide to use it for a daily driver, it will get A/C.

Hatu

frostbite77

Reaction score
I do alot of restoration on mustangs. Dynamat works awsome and has self adhesive back, insulates and takes out some of the vibration.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having some nice hardwood floors in mine..easy cleanup, and such.

But I don't think I could live without carpet..haha

I would just use regular house hold stuff that is under your carpets in your home. Cheap, and easy to get (lowes or home depot)
Dont use the house foam pad I have melted it too the tins in the past and its tuff too scrape off! Try too get the old berber backing type pad. I have found it more heat resistant.

I have my exhaust tucked up tight and it heats the floor well so and thus because

BBB

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar