Best subwoofer setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I want to install a subwoofer before my next camp trip in less than two weeks.

I don't have my rear seat installed, and would like something fairly shallow to fit right behind the driver seat/console on the floor (where ones feet would rest if the rear seat was installed) that doesn't sit up much higher than the cargo floor.

However I don't know jack about subwoofers.. what's the best "box" for our trucks?? I'm not looking for super loud boom boom.. I just want some nice fill in.

Edu-macate me!

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
get a 10 inch sub in a shallow box to lay down, fill the box with fiber fill (pillow stuffing)then put your sub in it, attach it to the floor or somthing really secure then fing a nice amp to power it, you wont need anyhting big or crazy a 10" sub isnt gonna need a big amp. also makesure you have a good ground.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
get a 10 inch sub in a shallow box to lay down, fill the box with fiber fill (pillow stuffing)then put your sub in it, attach it to the floor or somthing really secure then fing a nice amp to power it, you wont need anyhting big or crazy a 10" sub isnt gonna need a big amp. also makesure you have a good ground.
Thanks for the imput.. I actually got me an Infinty Basslink. All over the web it got great feedback. Not neighbor waking bass, but enough to make it rumble inside. So I'm going to try that.

That plus wire kit shipped to my door for $196 an should be here Wednesday (orderd it Friday afternoon).

:)>-

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
dang thats expensive, you also can turn a subs bass way down to almost nothing, you caould have got a nice sub amp and box for about 150 thats what i did, the only thing i ran into when wiring mine up was this one tiny wire that hooks to the "remote" wire of the head unit after a little bit i figured out what to do with it, put pics upp when you set it up i would like to see it

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
dang thats expensive, you also can turn a subs bass way down to almost nothing, you caould have got a nice sub amp and box for about 150 thats what i did, the only thing i ran into when wiring mine up was this one tiny wire that hooks to the "remote" wire of the head unit after a little bit i figured out what to do with it, put pics upp when you set it up i would like to see it
Will do. Hopefully it'll be installed before next tuesday for thats when I head on my camp trip. Then after that a lot of driving around up the state for a wedding.

Here's an idea of it an size. I liked it because it fits everything into 1 peice. And can tune it to work with the head unit. All black which is what I wanted to cut down on theft, and the sound reviews were good. I didn't read one bad peice about it. Infinity makes a good upper scale product, and with buying my own parts, I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding peices that match together. I guess you have to buy a speaker, then have a box that has X amount of cubic feet per the sub to get the best performance from it.

I'll try this out, an give my review an pics posted. If all else fails, I'll install it in the girls car, an go a differen route in the rig.

trunk2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
looks decent, idk how its gonna sound in that plastic box tho, you might get some rattle. i would still fill it with fiber fill

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
looks decent, idk how its gonna sound in that plastic box tho, you might get some rattle. i would still fill it with fiber fill
I was worried about that too.. we'll see! I just hope it gets here sooner :blush:

I listen to Rap/Hip-hop/Country/Jazz/Rock so I'm intrigued to know how well each will sound

hammer down bronco

Reaction score
yea you will have to adjust it for every kind of music bc i listen to all that to and if you go from listening to rap to country theres way to much bass and you cant turn it down low enough on your head unit so you have to turn it down on your amp, or built in amp but you will get used to tunning it and it will be easy its one of those things you just have to play with

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke