odd timing results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JNLemons

Reaction score
I can't find my timing mark when I have my light hooked up to number 1 spark plug. I have even advanced and ******** as far as you can go both ways in attempt to find it to no avail. Out of curiosity I decided to hook my light up to the other plugs. when I'm hooked up to the number 3 spark plug there it is. I'm not sure what is going on with my truck right now. Anyone got an explanation? I thought you hooked up to number one to adjust the timing.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Well you are almost right... I remember there is something that NEEDS to be disconnected before you work on the timing but **** I, for some reason, can't remember what it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

JNLemons

Reaction score
There is a little "plug" of some sort that must be removed when you are adjusting the timing. And yes I did remove it.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

ok that plug is da SPOUT

Clean timing marks up w/ a wire brush or some sandpaper; I used a portable Dremel with small wirebrush ( a great little tool!).

Mark 10* BTDC with a white/yellow crayon or borrow wife/GF's... etc... wwhite nail polish. There will be two 10's showing, you want the red 10 below. The marks will look like:

If the color doesn't appear (RED) on the correct 10, you want the 10 just to da LEFT of the 20,,,

ATC10||||0||||10||||20||||30BTC (Each "|" represents 2 degrees)

TimingMarks6.jpg

or go to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/Doomsmith/TimingMarks6.jpg to view image if it comes up as not allowed here

Thanks to Scott!

======

next is to go to;

Adjustment in Ford EFI Engines

Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=71

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22