Help me ID this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PackMan22

Reaction score
Okay, so I have been having a pretty bad coolant leak, and I changed out the waterpump and then thought maybe the thermostat, but looked around more and found the leak. These aren't my pictures, but I will use them to show where the leak is. Can anyone help me ID what the cause of the leak might be or what part this is?

This part seems to be the culprit

The coolant is leaking from right under here

The coolant is flowing down this direction

And finally pooling right here

Can anyone help me ID this part, or what could be causing this leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
More han likely, the coolant leak is coming from a loose or corroded intake manifold bolt that goes thru the water passage. I nthe pics, I see the distributor but cannot tell what's next to it. But that front bolt on the intake is a known leaker. That's also in the area of the coolant temp sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i'm leaning toward coolant temp sensor. i've changed a couple and had some fluid come out in the process of swapping them and it usually gathers right in that area and looks just like where you're showing your leak.

50joe

Reaction score
10 bucks says the timing cover itself has corroded and the gasket cant seal properly. Seen it a dozen times.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom