Rough Country Lift Problems (Please Help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoBroncoBeast

Reaction score
I installed a 2.5'' rough country lift on my 93EB Bronco. I used larger springs and new brackets to drop down the radius arms for the front, and I used blocks for the front. When I was done I had the clearance I needed for the tires, but whenever I hit a bump my front end goes crazy. It begins to shake and feels like the tires are falling off the axle. I would be grateful for any advice and tips. I've ordered a stabilizer set-up for it, and I'm hoping it'll help, but I just have this feeling that it's something else. I've heard that I may need to replace the chamber/caster bushing, with an adjustable one? I attached photos of the brackets if that helps at all.

100607_173225.jpg

100607_173210.jpg

100607_173238.jpg

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I would double check your torque on all bolts & nuts. Sounds like something is loose, I know when i did mine it wasn't easy to get at some of the bolts and could have been easy to miss one or two...

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Did you get a frontend alignment done after installing the lift? it sounds like the caster needs to be adjusted, as that spec is often referred to as "return to center" in the steering. Bad caster will also lead to the bump steer or square tire feeling you are experiencing, JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yes, report back afterwards. The alignment drasticly changes when installing a lift to the suspension on the Bronco TTB (Twin Traction Beam) frontend. A good shop or alignment tech will be able to help you decide if you need to change the camber bushings. On most kits, there is no adjustment just for the caster and that can only be addressed by the camber bushings. They will aslo need to check the toe-in of the front wheels. There is a really good explanation of these changes in the sticky/ pinned topic on lifting the TTB in the 80-96 Bronco forum section. JSM84

OP
OP
C

CamoBroncoBeast

Reaction score
So I got under the truck, installed a dual steering stabilizer and replaced some of the bolts, the shaking was obviously putting a strain on a few of them, and were coming loose. Had the front end aligned, and all is better. Now I'm ready to thow my 33x12.5's on and take my beast through the mud.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22