Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZBronco

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 1978 bronco, and I am looking for front and rear seats.

I know where to find new front seats, but if seats from other model car or truck will fit it's fine with me.

My main problem is that I can't find a rear bench seat to save my life! Do 1980 or newer rear Bronco bench seats fit?

Thanks [-o<

77F150

Reaction score
Wow it would be really nice if someone had some answers. I have a new to me truck with cheesy after market seats that don't fit well or feel good. I would like to put in a bench again and I'm not objected to using something a little newer. If any of you have sugestions I think we would both appreciate it. [-o<

4xfan78

Reaction score
I pm'd azbronco last week and have not heard anything back, but I do have 2 bucket seats and a rear seat for 78-79 bronco. They are blue driver seat is in ok shape passenger is a little better and the back seat is in good shape.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I have a 92 that im parting out that has blue cloth seats that are in pretty good shape , Let me know if interested . Im in MI 49327 :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

brandcole73

Reaction score
I put all three seats from an 85 into my 78. I even used the front seat brackets, They need a little shimming though. They lean outward a bit. he bench fit fine. My rear floor had been replaced and the hole for the latch behind the rear seat were welded over. It looks like it will work as soon as I cut that plate off and mount the latch catch. The fronts have arm rests on both sides and they do hit the doors armrest when the doors are closed. Oh well, it works until I can find some originals for it.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure if the rear seat from an 80-96 will fit a 78/79 as I've never tried it but if I had to guess I'd say probably not because just like the top the two are probably just a *little* bit different but call the guys at the Bronco Graveyard & they'll know.

You could put anything up front from a 73-79 F-truck but ya really do want the Bronco buckets up there.

Here's the Graveyard link for seats:

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-147_stock_seats.htm

Broncobill78

Reaction score
I put all three seats from an 85 into my 78. I even used the front seat brackets, They need a little shimming though. They lean outward a bit. he bench fit fine. My rear floor had been replaced and the hole for the latch behind the rear seat were welded over. It looks like it will work as soon as I cut that plate off and mount the latch catch. The fronts have arm rests on both sides and they do hit the doors armrest when the doors are closed. Oh well, it works until I can find some originals for it.
You may have a truck that was originally ordered without a rear seat. It was an option and strange as it seems on those trucks the rear well that the bracket fits into just isn't there. Wierd, you'd think they would build them all the same and just *not* install the brackets and crossbar when the rear seat was deleted but the freaking floor pan is different. Go Figure.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Not sure on the rear bench, it looks smaller inthe 78/79 than the 80-up. As for front seats, my 78 had a 96 F-150 front bench seat in it when I bought the Bronco. Pulled that out and bolted in some PRP Racing seats. Just had to weld some bolt tabs to the original, flat floor bracket for the 78 bench seat. JSM84

offroadfury

Locked And Loaded
Reaction score
I put a rear seat out of an 85 in my 78. I used all the brackets out of the 85 b/c I didn't have any and they all bolted up fine with no problems.

brandcole73

Reaction score
You may have a truck that was originally ordered without a rear seat. It was an option and strange as it seems on those trucks the rear well that the bracket fits into just isn't there. Wierd, you'd think they would build them all the same and just *not* install the brackets and crossbar when the rear seat was deleted but the freaking floor pan is different. Go Figure.
I never knew thet made em without a rear seat. Mine has had most of the floors and sheet metal replaced by a previous owner. The cab, doors and hood look to be the only original parts left. They did a pretty good job, the seams aren't too bad. Thre is a bad one inside the drivers door. The mounting holes are there for the rear seat and the 85 seat bolted right in. There is a plate welded over the latch recess though. It looks like he didn't plan on finishing the rear end inside. He carpeted the front and put a nice bench seat from a 90s f-150. (nice for a 90's truck, didn't look right in this one!) I want to find some original buckets for it. The blue "velour" seats from the 85 are temps. Hope they stay for too long!

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Yup, apparently if you ordered it with the rear seat-delete option you got a different floorpan that doesn't have the bolt holes for the front/rear seat mounts OR the sunken center-well for the rear latch bar. I've seen 3 trucks like this and they all had a completely flat cargo area just like an F-truck. Someone told me the Air Force ordered a lot of them this way but I've never been able to confirm it, although I know the A/F *did* order a LOT more of the early 80's Bronco's compared to the Blazers that the other services ordered. For some reason the Air Force seemed to order a lot more Fords than the other services, GAO auctions are a good source of 2WD extended & crew cab F-trucks as well as the *only* source of 2WD Broncos I've ever seen.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
Yup, apparently if you ordered it with the rear seat-delete option you got a different floorpan that doesn't have the bolt holes for the front/rear seat mounts OR the sunken center-well for the rear latch bar. I've seen 3 trucks like this and they all had a completely flat cargo area just like an F-truck. Someone told me the Air Force ordered a lot of them this way but I've never been able to confirm it, although I know the A/F *did* order a LOT more of the early 80's Bronco's compared to the Blazers that the other services ordered. For some reason the Air Force seemed to order a lot more Fords than the other services, GAO auctions are a good source of 2WD extended & crew cab F-trucks as well as the *only* source of 2WD Broncos I've ever seen.
Don,t know what I will hear over this,but I put a set of bucket seat from a Toyota in my 78 Bronco. I did have to get pedistals made. Talk about comfort-man they are. They even lay down . Come in handy on a trip or if you wanna lie down. I do not know what year.All I know is their Toyota. The only problem I have is on the passenger side. When you lay the seat up for someone to get in the back--their is a part sticking out. I figure I will make something oval ,so their will not be any sharp edges.

They sure feel good on my back.

78BroncHair

Reaction score
My bronco was missing the rear seat when i bought it, but for my birthday my cousin suprised me with a fully re uphulstered rear seat from what I believe he said was an 86 bronco. Bolted right in and looks and feels great. As for front seats, I have used seats from a winnebego in the front of my parents centurion. I just un bolted the seat brackets and used the stock ford ones on the winnebego seats.

MADMUDDER

Reaction score
I put seats in my 78 bronco front and back i took them out of a 95 bronco .only thing i had to do was change front seat bracket from mine to the new one

Broncoholic

Broncoholic
Reaction score
FACT: Rear seats are all interchangable 78-96, but the seat belts from the 92-96 are differnt.

Front seats will fit with minor adjustments.

78-86 High back seats are the same.

I also have seen people put front bench seats from 92-96 supercab into 78-79 broncos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo