Misfire Problems???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fenris

Reaction score
My truck is misfirin. 79 ford bronco 351/400m and i just replaced all the spark plugs like 3 weeks ago. It seems like if i push down on the wire thats on the distributor its commin from it stops but i aint sure. It ran fine for a while when i changed the plugs but now it just keeps misfirin. i dunno what to do? any and all answers will be appreciated!

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Sometimes it is easier to feel a missfire in the exhaust then it is to hear it.

You might have a helper press in on that wire, while you feel the put put putttt of the exhaust at the tailpipe.

OP
OP
F

fenris

Reaction score
well if i push down on that wire and it stops is it the wires that are the problem? cause 2 are loose and the others are tight. the ones that are tight are fine but the loose ones are the misfirin ones. should i just buy new wires?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Definitely change the wires. The wire from the coil to the distributor often likes to push back out. The cause is the seal between the boot and the post of the distributor or the post on the coil. It seals so tight that when you push the wire in it compresses the air that is trapped inside. Use just a very small amount of dialectic grease around the outside of the post and lift the edge of the boot to let the air out as you press the contact on the end of the wire into the connector.

Hope that makes sense to you,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

fenris

Reaction score
thanx yall ya my maine coil distributor wire is loose also. i went out today to get new wires and had to take them back twice. they both gave me wrong ones. i cant seem to find the ones that i need. ive looked everywhere. im sure i can find them online just worried bout orderin the wrong ones...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar