New Project 89 Eddie Bauer Full Size Restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggers45

Reaction score
Ok all I need some help. I just purchased my fathers 89 full size bronco (my old high school rig). My main goal here is to get it in sound mechanical condition and then of course deck it out the way I want to make it a beautiful street machine. As far as it goes for its' condition at the moment it is in quite good condition. 170K on the motor, no major body damage, it was recently re-painted, and besides some interior work I think it is pretty good to go. My plans are to get a new engine, do a complete overhaul of any feature (i.e rear end, front end work, exhaust, brakes, blah blah) that need it. Once I can say it is sound in every detail mechanically I plan to lift it 6" or so, throw some 20s with 35x12.5 tires! Tint the windows maybe add some exterior features (i.e. new grille, new lights, nerf bars, etc...) and cruise. Let me know what you all think. If you have suggestions or pictures of your rig with some of my plans I'd love to see them. Most of this work will be done by a shop here in town I know of that do good work. My goal here is to have a sound machine that looks really nice inside and out. I have a budget we'll see if we can get close to it. No idea what the interior work will cost i.e. trim molding in cab, door panel work, new carpet, either new seats/new upholstery.....

Thanks again.

89purple horse

Reaction score
welcome digger if you dont mind doin some of the work yourself i woul recommend going to the wrecking yard for some onf your trim pieces and so on it will save u alot of $$ and you can find alot of good pieces. i understand the budget part i have been workin on my 89 for about 5 years now and its still a work in progress. its a one piece at a time deal for me. heres a few pics hope it helps with ideas and good luck

007.JPG

019.JPG

015.JPG

017.JPG

germanflames

Reaction score
I agree with 89 on this, I'm currently also restoring mine and it's outragous on some of the prices. Finding parts at the local pick apart that are in great condition is a lot cheaper that all new original parts. The interior trim was going to cost me $400 from ford but got it for $70 from the pa and all it needed was a little cleaning. Ask around, maybe if someone is going to one they might find what you need and at a great price. I got 5 around here and always looking.

Good luck with the project

PS dont forget about Bronco Graveyard or LMC they helped me out alot and great prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

89purple horse

Reaction score
anouther way u could go to is ebay and craigs list just becareful. ebay has a sellers rating keep a eye on that. craigs list is a little more risky but you can find some good buys i have bought a few things off ebay for my truck for decent prices. Flames is also right lmc and the grave yard are also great places.you can also check out national parts depot u can pretty much build a whole bronco from any of the three places hope this helps good luck and post some pics of your ride and the progress. :)>-

OP
OP
D

Diggers45

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch guys. I am definitely going to do that. I plan on doing all the interior work but the "wrenching" will have to be done by someone else. I am not mechanically sound with vehicle work. Love the rides. I see you guys are from CO, and MT! I am from Wyoming and went to school in Butte MT then worked in Denver for a few summers. Small world. I will get pics of the rig when I get it down here then post progress pics.

On another note, I am starting to realize that a lot of these aftermarket wheels will not fit on the Bronco. Like I said in the original post I'd like to go with a 20"+ size wheel with a 35 tire. Not sure if I will be able to do this or not. Any suggestions.?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom