Another Tire Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
I need to replace my tires on my '86. I can't afford putting in a suspension lift now, so I want to get as large a set as I can fit under it.

I know 33x10.5's will fit, but I'll need to move to 8" rims. But if I go any larger in the future, I'll have to replace the rims. But if I can fit 33x12.5's and put them on 10" rims, then after the suspension lift I can move to 35x12.5's without changing the rims.

What I'm looking for from you fine folks are pictures of broncos on 33x10.5's and on 33x12.50's, without suspension lifts, and any anecdotes you might have about fitment and performance.

Krafty

Reaction score
33x12.5x15 will fit on stock rims as will 35x12.5x15 45a.jpg

this is stock 89 f150 ( same suspension) with 33x12.5x15 mud tires on original wagon wheel rims.

89purple horse

Reaction score
i dont have any pics for u but i had 32x11.50s on mine then i went to 33x 12.50s on stock wheels before i added the lift and the only clearences issues i had was they would rub the radius arms if i would turn real tight but i wasnt doing any major off roading either about all i did at that time was just geting in to the fishin hole and ran around the mountain side hunting. it depends alot on what u are doing

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
OK, that helps me to decide. I'm going to go for the 33x12's. Eventually I'll go to a 4" lift or so. I do a little climbing out on the logging trails and some winter weather off-roading, but that's it

Krafty

Reaction score
also check to see what the how many ply the sidewall's are on your tires. on my old 33's they were 2 ply I believe and this weekend on the trails I got a stick right through one of them. now im back to my 235 street tires and no off roading for me cause I don't have the money for new mudders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke