quarter /vent window on drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Karl Sp

Reaction score
hi, i have a 1990 bronco and the top hinge on the vent window (drivers side) broke, how do u take window out or repair hinge?

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
roll down the window open the door pull back the weather striping on the door right above the triangle window there will be two screws there take those out the the triangle window will pull back and up out of the hole.

Krafty

Reaction score
the bottom pivot is on a bolt with a spring and retaining nut. in the 88 to 91 as far as I know you have to either undo that spring retaining nut or take out one more bolt below the vent window ( have to remove interior door panel) and remove the whole vent window/ front window slider assembly. Thats what I had to do on my 89.

If it turns out that I did way too much work than needed please let me know

OP
OP
K

Karl Sp

Reaction score
Man, thank you both. i will try in the morning. many thank you's !

Karl

OP
OP
K

Karl Sp

Reaction score
the bottom pivot is on a bolt with a spring and retaining nut. in the 88 to 91 as far as I know you have to either undo that spring retaining nut or take out one more bolt below the vent window ( have to remove interior door panel) and remove the whole vent window/ front window slider assembly. Thats what I had to do on my 89.

If it turns out that I did way too much work than needed please let me know

OP
OP
K

Karl Sp

Reaction score
'morning all, I finally got the window out with ALL of your assistance. here's what I did. I went to 'Pull-A-Parts" in Knoxville (a self serve salvage yard), found a truck with a window similar to mine and went to work. It was easy. pulled off door panel, located and removed a single bolt located top center of door about 8" to 10" below the black column seperating main window from vent window. Removed the two (2) little screws from the door frame (behind the rubber foam and front section of vent window). Once these three items are removed you have to gently twist vent window and lift as you remove. Came out with ease. Remember, the main window on the junker was in down position. Because of your input and going to junk yard to practice I was able to easily remove vent window on my Bronco, replace with the one from junk yard and be finished in about 15-20 minutes. I hope this helps future Bronco owners, or owners in general that have these vent windows. thanks guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22