hill problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brad050

Reaction score
First off when I start the truck it idles odd bouncing up and down for a while then levels out. It also levels out when I shift it into gear.

When I am going up a hill as I give it more gas it seems like there is no response as I keep pushing the throttle further the RPP finally jumps and it takes off. why? could this be electrical? I will record a video of whats happening tomorrow.

Seabronc

Reaction score
There is a god chance that it is the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). The TPS tells the computer what you are doing with the throttle and the computer then adjusts the fuel and air based on that information. If it sticks or has flaky output you will see that in the engine operation.

Check for stored codes before changing any parts.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
B

brad050

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
not sure if this has anything to do with it but if u run out of options have ur cats looked at there is really no way to tell if they are bad other than takin them off so like i say if u run out of options.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Mine just has its days where it will be normal (it'll go, but grandpa is watching over) then other days it'll have a nice decent amount of power..and can make it up some hills in OD where as on "grandpa" days, it'll have to kick down a gear..

OP
OP
B

brad050

Reaction score
Today going up a big hill I slowly got the pedal to the floor just before I hit the hill and it stayed at the same RPM for about 3 - 5 sec until it finely jumped over 3k. I could not feal any changes in the trans and no slipping so seems to me it would be the TPS. Any way to test the TPS?

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I take it you bought one? If so..about how much was it? I may buy a new one for shat an giggles

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
could be a butt load of things have u checked the fuel rail/fuel injectors.could be another sensor.um i cant think of any right now but in the mornin i will read my chiltons for any possible problem areas/solutions and get back to u.

OP
OP
B

brad050

Reaction score
Im thinking it could be something mixed up between the engine and trans? maybe?

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
trust me after what i have seen anything is possible.didnt get a chance to look in the bronco bible today sorry weed eater broke but will try my best tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

brad050

Reaction score
I have talked to a few friends and they both said with confidence Torque Converter. What do you guys think? Also when im coming to a stop it will like engine/trans brake its self for a sec

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo