brakes wont hold pressure???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fenris

Reaction score
i got a new caliper for my front drivers side rotor and got all that settled. and then the other day decided to bleed the breaks and had everythin done rite i know i did it rite. well then i pulled the truck out today and i had no breaks at ALL! i found out that my passenger side calipers main break line didnt have both copper fittings on the bolt so fixed it. i bled them again. and then i started it again and did have a little better breaks but still very pathetic! every time im done bleedin the pedal well ya know feels stiff like a break pedal should THEN i start the truck and it seems like i have to push the pedal all the way to the floor to get little to hardly any catch on the pads. ive bled them twice and they dont get any better. ALSO my rear drum breaks i have tried to bleed but absolutely NOOO fluid comes out when i do. of EITHER END LEFT OR RIGHT DRUM! i know my left drum brake clinder is blew and needs to be replaced but still i would think SOME fluid would come out... All in All i want and of course NEED my brakes back. any and !ALL! answers and comments would be appreciated! my trucks almost done and really need this to be done with!

Also... i took off the booster from the firewall durin the rebuild and was wonderin if i did that if i had to bleed the master cylinder directly or if i could just put it back on and bleed it from the lines. cause i didnt bleed it directly. thanx yall God bless

J&SBroncolvrs

Reaction score
fix your rear beaks, bench bleed your master then re-bleed everything starting with the rear passenger side of the truck. Doing part of your breaks is never a good idea.

andre

Reaction score
brake are not that bad to bleed

need to know how to do it

here some tip alway try to block line before replacing any parts like wheel cyl or caliper

use line plier or long noise vise grip on rubber hose just snug to stop leak

till you replace the parts

it lot more easy if fluid stay in system then flush all 4 wheels

alway start bleeding rr then lr . rf . lf

some ford have bleeder on anti-lock valve under driver side frame rail

can cause antilock ligth to stay on because air in it

master always beanch bleed them if go dry may damage insi cup then master failure

hope this help some ppl

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke