LIFT KIT HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaBronco95

Reaction score
Tomorrow i am buying a 6'' suspension lift kit from broncograveyard.com for $935, its a superlift. My truck is a 95' 351W with 192,000 miles, any tips before i get started? The driveshaft is a slip yoke right, meaning i dont need to lengthen it? The kit also comes with 6 shocks for $200 which i will also buy. i will put pics as it progresses and so forth. Any particular tire anyone recommends? i have BFG A/T's on it right now and i dont like them that much. i want Nitto Mud Grapplers, but idk if they make a 35x12.50xR15, the only ones i saw were 14.50's, which i wouldnt mind, but is it too big for the CPU? Please comment and let me know of any good tires you have in mind! Like i said i will post pictures as me and my buddies start working on it.

2percent

Reaction score
I am sure that anything other than stock will throw off the speedo if this is what you are referring to when you say the cpu. But that can be corrected. Tires you will get a lot of personal choices. I hear the best out is the BFG but I too like the look of the Nittos. Toyo make a decent tire too as well as Ground Hawgs and Mickey Thompsons. I worked at a tire shop and would not recommend Goodyear they wear quick.

50joe

Reaction score
May want to take a look at the Cooper Discoverer ST/T's as well. A few of my friends swear by them, and one guy who has them on his F-250 has run them the last 60K, still have life in them, and says they are great in the mud when he goes hunting. (And where he goes, it's some sloppy mud too.)

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Hey did anybody miss the point about the slip yoke?With 6 inches you might be extending it too far.That might cause some problems.Anyone else here put a 6 incher on? :-B

famousguy_fsas

THE BRONC
Reaction score
Don't buy the nitto mud grapplers. They are a crap tire. Buy the bfg mud terrains. Try to buy a set of used km1 but if u can't find a good pair buy the km2 trust me u will be happy and never want to use another tire

89purple horse

Reaction score
i am runing a 6 inch rough country on 89 and havent had any problems with drive shafts but i only have maybe a thousand miles on it since the install so far so good. On the tire question i am runing a 33x 12.50 (little small i know) and to be honest i cant recall who makes em but they are the mud stars and have had good luck with them so far. i bought them at big o tires and saved about 80 dollars over the bfg's. good luck on the install :)>-

famousguy_fsas

THE BRONC
Reaction score
Dont buy the big o mud tires. Been doing a experiment between them and the bfg kms. I have one of each on the back of my bronc. Both started brand new. Had them on there for a year and three months. And the bfg still has about 85 to 90% tread on it and the big o has about 15% . Lifting my truck and now moving up to 35s but for sure sticking with the bfg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo