1966 Mustang resto pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Got a chance today to take some pics of the 1966 Mustang Coupe I've been working on for my neighbor. It has a '93 reman 302 V8, Edelbrock electric fuel pump, Holley carb and headers. Swapped the C6 auto out for a toploader 4-speed manual which was the original trans style. in fact, the clutch pedal and assly was still in the car covered up underneath the carpet. After about 4 months and $4800 bucks (give or take a few hundre $$$), the formerly-white stang is now Royal blue metallic with a double silver stripe. The same dude that painted my 84 bronco did the body work and paint on this car. He also color-matched the interior panels to the new paint, replaced the hood and most all of the chrome trim. A recent encpunter with a sandhill crane busted out the windshield and scratched the hood, so that will need to be re-done, JSM84

(edit w pics)

66stang8.JPG66stang3.JPG66stang2.JPG66stang.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

freeheelbillie

Reaction score
Got a chance today to take some pics of the 1966 Mustang Coupe I've been working on for my neighbor. It has a '93 reman 302 V8, Edelbrock electric fuel pump, Holley carb and headers. Swapped the C6 auto out for a toploader 4-speed manual which was the original trans style. in fact, the clutch pedal and assly was still in the car covered up underneath the carpet. After about 4 months and $4800 bucks (give or take a few hundre $$$), the formerly-white stang is now Royal blue metallic with a double silver stripe. The same dude that painted my 84 bronco did the body work and paint on this car. He also color-matched the interior panels to the new paint, replaced the hood and most all of the chrome trim. A recent encpunter with a sandhill crane busted out the windshield and scratched the hood, so that will need to be re-done, JSM84

(edit w pics)

View attachment 9781View attachment 9782View attachment 9783View attachment 9784
Lookin great man...heres one I had a partin restoring with my father when I was a kid back in Michigan.

66 fastback.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: