Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cszalai

Reaction score
I stumbled into a problem the other day while driving somewhere....i was driving down the road doing about 40mph i figured turn on the speed control and sit back as i had a 20 min trip to make it was morning and kinda dark still so i turned on my lights and when i did my speed control shut off. If i am thinking correct that tells me without even looking at anything i have a bad ground and it is back feeding and picking up the ground from the lights so today i finally got a chance to dig into it a little and look at the obvious stuff the body grounds on the LF core support, the RF by the battery, the main cable hooking to the engine, the left and right rocker panels and they are all good and tight (i checked for power at each one with a volt meter to check for voltage drops)I have the truck manuals on microfiche (the originals) and it says one of the grounds are at G-200 (the right rocker), and the other ground is in the left rocker at G201 (the places i checked)....any ideas?...when i first got the truck the power locks didn't work so i ran a fused power lead into the door and hooked it up and they worked....could this be related? are there plugs in the driver corner on the main harness that i can't see? am i going to need to pull the dash to find this ... I'm looking for ideas for where to look, i am laidoff from the auto industry and attending college full time so i don't have a whole lot of time to dig into this till after the end of the semester but when i get a minute here and there i take some time and look and check some stuff...

thanks in advance

Seabronc

Reaction score
the cruise control ground is made in the steering column. 80 - 86 possibly up through 93 had a small spring loaded brass button that make contact under the steering wheel. Newer ones have a spring like contact. I any event it probably isn't making contact which is why doing something like turning n the lights causes the cruise control to cut out. I had a similar problem caused by that button which manifested it's self when using the turn signal.

Good luck,

:)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

In addition to what our buddy Seabronc advised.. on the Clock Spring... see the wiring diagram below. Follow Ford's directions to inspect it.

The Bronco is a 94?

And the Recall work was done?; Field Service Action 05S28 Speed Control System Modification Supplement #7 for 94-96 Bronco, etc.

http://trucks.about.com/od/carsafety/a/ford_cruise.htm

Troubleshooting by Ford via Steve83 http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/177061

In addition to the microfische you have' or compare it to this;

Wiring Diagram by Ford via Steve http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/322459_1

you can do the ground checks via the ckt diagram(s) in the Link; and being careful of the clock spring/Airr bag situation; in addition to G200 & G201; I see:

G102 (left, bottom of diagram) isn't that @ radiator core support, passenger side?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane