4 or 6 shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Do ALL broncos come with four shocks on the front end? I thought I just had two shocks up front.. I didn't know I had two shocks on each side of the front of the truck. If this is an option..what package or towing like options would be needed to get the added shocks up front?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The front quad shocks is a factory option, often included with the towing package that includes 5-leaf rear spring packs instead of four. I think LMC Truck has some info in the first few pages of their catalog, and there might be some of that same info in a pinned topic here at BZ, JSM84

shift1313

Reaction score
Do ALL broncos come with four shocks on the front end? I thought I just had two shocks up front.. I didn't know I had two shocks on each side of the front of the truck. If this is an option..what package or towing like options would be needed to get the added shocks up front?

No they dont. Standard was a single shock(upper coil mount bracket). You can convert by replacing the upper coil bracket(single is $90, dual is $100ea). on the bottom an additional bracket is added. I dont remember the exact conditions of the dual setup but i believe all xlt and xlt lariats came with duals as well as trucks with the towing package. I dont think motor options had anything to do with the setups.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Hmm good to know!!

I got a 5.0 (weak but strong) motor in my XLT 89 Bronco. Didn't have a factory hitch as the hitch on there is from Uhaul added about 10yrs ago.

What about a steering stabalizer? Easy to add one? I dont think I saw one the other day when washin the truck...

wileec

Reaction score
It is not hard to add one but with out big mods I feel it just hides steering issues.

BTW also a XLT without quads. I believe that they were a part of the towing package only.

shift1313

Reaction score
it must have been just the xlt lariats and not xlts then. I have had and seen several non towing package xlt lariats with dual shock fronts.

For most steering stabilizers you will have to drill the cross member for one end of the mount. the other end uses u-bolts on one of the steering links

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
How would one know if they have a lariat trim package?

I have a E0D4 with a 5.0 on a 4x4 base with electric (push button) 4x4, auto hubs, wood grain trim around the guage and radio/HVAC, and it just says "XLT BRONCO" in chrome on the passanger side dash board. Aftermarket hitch from uhaul, and quad shocks in the front.

Will a special letter or number in the VIN tell me what packages I got?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke