Wrecked '88 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford_girl07

Reaction score
We've got a '88 Bronco that I drove from when I was 15 until I was 18 when i got a new vehicle before I went to college. Last year my little brother got his license and started driving it full time. Well, about 2 months later he flipped it in a ditch. Now it's in and undrivable state and has been sitting under a shelter at my parent's house since. I would really like to fix it up but I just don't know if its worth the time and money it would take to fix it. The front end is in pretty bad shape. The front passengers side quarter panel is going to need to be replaced. The shell doesn't look terrible but it does need some repairng and I don't know how well that kind of thing can be fixed. The worst part is the part around the windshield, the passenger's side is completely pushed in. There are several other things on the body that need patching up but I'm not going to list them all. I'm not sure what kind of issues there are under the hood or regarding the frame. I'm wondering if anybody could tell me if these things can be fixed or if the entire body would have to be replaced. My biggest concern is the frame around the windshield. I'm wondering if this could possibly be welded or like I said the entire body would have to be replace. I would really like to be able to repair the Bronco but if it means replacing the entire body I just don't think that I want to do it because in my opinion it wouldn't even feel like the same Bronco and it would lose the sentimental value it holds. My daddy bought the Bronco new in '88 and it means a lot to both of us so if anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the Bronco? That would help in determining the amount of body damage and the amount of work it may need. Some dents or damage to the body can be pulled out with specia ltools, and finished off like new. The main problem would be labor cost at a body repair shop, which may charge a few grand to repair the body. I would be most concerned with the frame and any damage from a rollover. Without any pics or more detailed info, I would say that it would be too much trouble to reapir the body and frame or even swap another body to the frame. You also have issues then with trying to register the rig for street driving and getting it insured. JSM84

shift1313

Reaction score
you can pick rolling chassis and bodies up for not too much and cut what you need. The windsheild area will probably be the hardest. A new front 1/4 is about $100 from JBG or other vendors. Everything is fixable but like you said is it worth it. Im starting a resto now thats most certainly not worth it but the truck has sentimental value to me. You just have to decide what that magic price is for you and if its worth it.

Bronc76

Reaction score
I think you just answered your own question in the last 3-4 sentences of your post. Like Shift said, he's doing a resto now thats not worth it, but it is to him. I know if I rolled my '76, I would do the same thing, because of the sentimental value. Sounds like if you got rid of it, you would kick yourself. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar