T-maxx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an upgrade motor for the T-maxx where I do not have to lengthen the frame? I know I can get the 1.8 but I want the 2.5 w/out too much modifications. I read an article where a guy raised the 2.5 motor up enough to clear the gas tank. Sure its top heavy but I can lower the suspension a bit. I do realize the plastic gears inside will have to be replaced with metal.

I already have metal axle shafts and drivelines. all the kits I see out there have the axles and everything in it I already have. Any ideas where I can piece it together to stay cheap? Or should I sell it and get a Savage?

STLKIKN

Reaction score
J/K Eric!!!

Had to do it.

We bash with a group of 3 maxxes and 3 Savs....

The Savs will run for a couple of hours until we get bored, the maxx's for a couple of tanks, then they break!!! ( yes, it's the same story every week)

We beat the crap out of our trucks every week. Other than my buddies Sav blowing diffs, and me blowing clutches we haven't had too many problems, although the body count is rising (we've been through three bodies each in the last month and a half!!) (so far, we've both run about 4 gallons each)

Check out these Savage sites, there are almost always good deals on used trucks in their for sale forums.

www.savageracer.com (the site I recommend)

www.savage-central.com

www.hpisavageforum.com

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Broncoholics

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Where did you get the Bronco body? I'd like one for the T-maxx until I get my hands on a Savage. The Hobby stores here in Seattle said they have looked into the Bronco body but no one manufacturers them and it would cost alot to make.

I'm glad to see yours...

My T-maxx seems to hold up well and I can run it all day long. Before I had problems with the plastic axles but I got metal ones, then drivelines. Then it was clutch. I now keep spare discs. I love the suspension of the Savage and the extra power. My T-maxx is just slightly slower than the Savage but that evtra power and suspension is worth it in my mind. Espically in the deep sand with paddles.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
The 73 Bronco body is from HPI. They are an in stock item at the four hobby shops around here. (been in production for about 2.5 years.)

Part number is HPI #7179.

Get your LHS guy to pull his head out of his a** and look in his parts book!!!

Pro-line ( I think) even makes an 88ish Bronco body....

Check out e-bay if your lhs won't order this in for you, they sell for about $24.99 there.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo