Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadfury

Locked And Loaded
Reaction score
Like the title says. It will crank over and hit couple times and puff black smoke and thats all. Happened on one other occasion but eventually started and ran fine. It started yesterday just fine then I pulled in garage to work on hub and it wouldn't start back. Keep in mind it is about 20 degrees here and it possibly could be water in gas I guess. Could it possibly be the ignition switch? The guages seem to act a little abnormal when I turn the key to start and the Brake light goes on and off as the key is turned.

fordsohc46

fordsohc46
Reaction score
Like the title says. It will crank over and hit couple times and puff black smoke and thats all. Happened on one other occasion but eventually started and ran fine. It started yesterday just fine then I pulled in garage to work on hub and it wouldn't start back. Keep in mind it is about 20 degrees here and it possibly could be water in gas I guess. Could it possibly be the ignition switch? The guages seem to act a little abnormal when I turn the key to start and the Brake light goes on and off as the key is turned.
i would pour alittle gas down carb and see if it starts if not check and see if it is getting fire.

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
That's a good tip, one always needs to differenciate between whether it is a fuel or spark issue.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo