4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ford_302

Reaction score
playing around in the mud today, 4x4 hi, as soon as you start spinning tires above 10 or 15 mph the front wheel starts to hop pretty bad, would this be worn u-jionts, too big of a tire for stock drive train? (33s) or is this normal? lol

RaginRedneck

Reaction score
I have a 92 w/ a 302 and I have a 6 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift w/ 35s and ive never gotten the front end to hop so id say that something is wrong but ive never heard of U joints being bad enough to make the front end hop but it could be i suppose

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
it could be something as simple as a loss of traction that was causing the front end to hop. in my dually when i'm in 2wd and in the snow the rear will start bouncing when i'm spinning. may be same effect but in the front for you

Seabronc

Reaction score
Definitely not normal. It could also be a mismatch of the front and rear differential gear ratios. If someone changed the rear ratio without changing the front the wheels will not turn at the same rate.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
ford_302

ford_302

Reaction score
i guess it could be the gear ratios, but would you even feel the diffrence in mud? im talking snot slick absolutly no traction mud :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom