GT40 Heads on Speed Density Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpratt1999

Reaction score
Hello all,

Unfortunately I got jipped on a set of heads I had purchased to complete my truck's engine rebuild, and now I am stuck with two pairs of heads I cannot use. I have been doing some searching on the heads for the late 80's/early 90's small block heads, and I have hear/read a lot about the GT40's, but I am unsure if they would even be worth my time/$ due to the fact that my truck is speed density equipped, and they may not make a difference or even make the truck run worse. I would take the heads I installed and machine them, but the clown that sold them to me sent me two different heads, and now he's closed his doors and went AWOL. Like a dumb-ass I took someone else's advice and put them on to later discover they had about a 10cc +/- difference, which is why my compression is all over the chart and it wont start to save my damn life. With all the trouble Ive had; I am thinking of just going back to all OE set-up. I shoulda bought a Mustang!!! LOL JK!!!

So in short-Should I just find another pair of the E7 heads and rebuild them, or find a set of GT40's? Below is the set-up listing of my truck. Thanks all! I appreciate any help!

1993 EFI Bronco XLT 210k miles

Ex/Retired State Patrol Vehicle

351W Rebuilt w/0 miles.

E4OD tranny-(allegedly) replaced prior to my purchase from State Patrol.

-351W Rebuild Specs:

-Machined 30 over

-Professional Products Typhoon Intake/Plenum (similar to the 5.0 efi mustangs, not the OE truck style)

-Prof. Prod. matching Throttle Body

-Accel 24 lbs./hr Injectors

-Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers (stud mounted)

-Crane Cam (#444232) Computer Compatible Hydraulic Flat Tappet. Specs:

Intake/Exh. Lift @.000: 280/290 Duation 268/276 Int/Exh @ .050: 109/119 Duration: 206�/214�

-Rebuilt Heads w/ OEM specs

-Pace Setter Shorty Headers

-3" cat back dual exh.

-New OE Distributor

-New High Torque Starter

-New Battery

-New engine grounds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member