33" tires and 6" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsamc2000

Reaction score
Has anyone added a 6" left with 33" tires? I am getting ready to get new tires and I was looking at getting 33" BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM. I know I will need a lift but I am un-decised on a 3" or a 6" lift. I'm thinking a 6" would be better because it gives me more options in the future.

Does anyone have any pictures of either of these? This would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Brian

50joe

Reaction score
My 305/70/16's come out to roughly the same size as a 33, and I have no lift. There is a spacer behind the front bumper, and I get some rub on the radius arms when cutting the wheel real hard, but other than that, its fine.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
if you want to put a 6" lift on you can easily fit 35's if you're wanting to keep just 33's on the truck then you should be able to fit them stock

if you want a little bit of lift and the 33's you can look into a body lift

cars

Reaction score
i installed 39's on my 67 with only a 4" lift. works great. it had 35's with a 2" before. i would not go over a 2" because of the pinion angle. also buy the bushing kit for the front end to change the pinion angle.

MUZZALL

Reaction score
My 94 with a 6" lift looked good with my 35-12.5 bfg's on it, looked goofy with my 33-10.5 winter tires on it. Some kits have the same brackets for 4" and 6" lift (my pro-comp kit did). You just use different coils and bolt locations. A kit like this may be a good choice or just go with 35's or 36's now.

89purple horse

Reaction score
Has anyone added a 6" left with 33" tires? I am getting ready to get new tires and I was looking at getting 33" BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM. I know I will need a lift but I am un-decised on a 3" or a 6" lift. I'm thinking a 6" would be better because it gives me more options in the future.

Does anyone have any pictures of either of these? This would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Brian
i have a 6 inch rough country lift on my 89 with 33 12.50 and i dont have any clearences issues. i agree with muzz with the 6 inch kit and little 33's looks kinda goofy if i had it to do over again i would go with 35's

famousguy_fsas

THE BRONC
Reaction score
Ya I have 33 on my stock 86. And works fine. I'm actually doing the same thing and am swaying to the 35 tire myself. But on the same subject does anyone know how ill do with 35 tires and stock 355 gears? Or should I just wait till I can afford the 456s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo