Dana 60 front in 78079 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Hey has anybody put a dana 60 into the front of their bronco? I have one in the rear and am planning to upgrade the 44 to a 60.. My problem is the track bar mount. Broncograveyard said that I would have to come up with a mount. They obviously sell the C wedges for my radius arms but no track mount.I just wanted to know if anyone has done this yet,And how did they do it.I am great at welding so that isnt an issue,I also have a plasma cutter for any metal I have to shape. Its just the track mount holding me up.. :wacko:

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
are you going with a leaf sprung dana 60 or coil'd 60?

the one in my rig is from a 99-01 f350 (so it's ball jointed)

i could take pics for you if you want. just not sure if it'll help alot

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
No Im staying with the stock coil suspension.The guy before me put in the front hanger bracket/bushing in the frame and I do have the mounts for the front of the leaf springs,BUT I just want to bolt in a 60 to the radius arms using Graveyards wedges.If I have to Ill end up fabricating some thick steel track bar mount on the axle If I have to.Nothing I cant handle.I just wanted to see If anybody else has done this for the track bar and see how It worked out.

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Well after looking at some pics of front dana 60s on ebay,to get an idea of what Im thinking about,I might have ran into another problem.Going by the pics there doesnt seem to be enough space between the drivers leaf perch and the "C" for the steering knuckle,Which means I might not be able to fit the wedges for the radius arms in there.Im still tryin to confirm this though.Looking at pictures doesnt give me a measurement between the perch and the "C".I guess Ill see.Hey Miss Kitten If you get a chance,can you post a pic up of that drivers side of the axle?It probably will give me a better look at how much space is in there...Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
sure give me a few days to see if the weather smartens up and i'll snap pics for you

Yeah no problem.I was just at my friends house today and looked at his front axle under his 78 f250,And on those years THERE IS room for the radius arm wedges.I guess the 80 something and up axles have a wider sping pad location than the older ones.So Im good with putting a 60 under the front. :lol:

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
hey mike just wanted to let you know that it should warm up to the -18/-20 range tomorrow so i should be able to get a couple pics for ya

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
hey mike just wanted to let you know that it should warm up to the -18/-20 range tomorrow so i should be able to get a couple pics for ya
No problem,take your time.This isnt something I can get rolling on until maybe after March.I found out its only 78-79 F350 front axle will work for this.1980 and up ford went to a wider frame pushing the spring mounts outward,Leaving no room for the wedges.So when it comes time Ill be looking for that specific year axle.It sucks,Im narrowed down to a 2 year period model specific axle.This should be fun to find.. :unsure:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22