Post-Lift Problems! Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDBronco91

Reaction score
So after I lifted my 95' Bronco six inches(Rough Country new rear leafs, dual shocks in front, new coil springs, etc.) i experienced a grinding sound when i would go down a hill, either coasting or breaking. And it also can occur when i am on the road and hit a bump. I got a Ford mechanic to look at it, and he originally thought it was the t-case. He replaced a gear in it, and it worked for a few days, but then the grinding came back. Now he isn't so sure it's a transfer case issue. I thought maybe drive line angles were the problem after lifting it might cause this problem because that transfer case worked fine before. Any ideas, because i don't wanna be stuck with a new t-case and have the same problem. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
is it an actual grinding sound that you are experiencing or is it more of a vibration that you feel in the truck?

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I noticed the same type of noise after I lifted my Beast. I too decided it was coming from the Tcase.

I have a strong vibration that almost sounds like a grinding noise. After I unlocked the hubs, the noise seems to have gone away.

OP
OP
S

SDBronco91

Reaction score
Well for some reason the noise has gone away. And since no mechanic has given me a straight answer as to what it is exactly, I will keep using that T-Case. And no they were not rubbing, one of my mechanic guys checked on that. Thanks for the help everyone.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
Have you checked the angles on your rear drive shaft? After I lifted my 95 I had a horrible noise and found out that the cardigan joint was binding. I took the rear apart and reshimed it and it fixed the noise and vibrations. Might be worth checking into

bbs_jeff

Reaction score
So after I lifted my 95' Bronco six inches(Rough Country new rear leafs, dual shocks in front, new coil springs, etc.) i experienced a grinding sound when i would go down a hill, either coasting or breaking. And it also can occur when i am on the road and hit a bump. I got a Ford mechanic to look at it, and he originally thought it was the t-case. He replaced a gear in it, and it worked for a few days, but then the grinding came back. Now he isn't so sure it's a transfer case issue. I thought maybe drive line angles were the problem after lifting it might cause this problem because that transfer case worked fine before. Any ideas, because i don't wanna be stuck with a new t-case and have the same problem. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.
do you have Auto matic lockouts? mine went bad and made a grinding noise when i got over 35 mph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22