spark plug replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Going to tackle replacment of spark plugs tomorrow.. it's idling funny, and durring acceleration, it acts like it's not getting enough fuel. Very simular as if I was playing with the gas peddle, letting it go up and down, up and down.

Going to pick up new wires (yet to change them in 3yrs) and new plugs. Also a new fuel filter as well ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I remember last time I replaced the spark plugs..I didn't get to the last two plugs near the firewall.. They were simply too hard to reach. Well I forgot about em..so they are doubble warn. I'm sure this is the root to my idle/fuel problem especially getting over 2500 miles in one month!

Any tips for how to get to those two last plugs?

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Going to tackle replacment of spark plugs tomorrow.. it's idling funny, and durring acceleration, it acts like it's not getting enough fuel. Very simular as if I was playing with the gas peddle, letting it go up and down, up and down.
Going to pick up new wires (yet to change them in 3yrs) and new plugs. Also a new fuel filter as well ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I remember last time I replaced the spark plugs..I didn't get to the last two plugs near the firewall.. They were simply too hard to reach. Well I forgot about em..so they are doubble warn. I'm sure this is the root to my idle/fuel problem especially getting over 2500 miles in one month!

Any tips for how to get to those two last plugs?

Hey Adam,

Assuming you're talking about the passenger side, I need a step stool and lay over the front of the Beast. There is plenty of room for my hands when I got my body over the engine. Sparkplug socket and 4" extention and I'm in business.

Good luck.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Reall? Work from the wheel well?? I'm going to try it lol as long as it's easier..

I'm 6'4 and skinny (long skinny fingers too) so reaching up and into the beast isn't so much a problem..I just remmber the last two bays that butt up against the firewall were a PITA to get a socket too.

Hopefully the wheelwell works easier..not often I crawl below the bronco emblem to do work :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Steve83 said:
I'm 6'2", and ~230#.
See you look "normal"..I look like somethings wrong :lol:

I'm 6'4, 155lbs I make trees look fat B)

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
worked like a charm. truck runs perfect...now the u-joints........

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke