rough idle/loadin up while drivin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humboldt

Reaction score
my 96 5.8 runs fine sometimes. then it will idle perfect and the idle will drop from 750 rpms to 500 rpms or it will die.. when im drivin it will act like its loadin up ive done plugs wires cap rotter i.c.m fuel pump the list goes on and on .. i cant figure it out.. could it be the fuel pressure regluater? or a fuel injecter

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
H

humboldt

Reaction score
it was gas foulin plugs #6 is the wettest compression not the greatest but enough it should fire it really has no problam starting. it starts in two or three cranks (engine not the key)

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Sounds like the onset of a FPR problem... Mine started doing stuff like this and just got worse... FPR fixed it for me.

OP
OP
H

humboldt

Reaction score
i replaced the fuel pressure regluater... no luck ran fine for a day.. now it wont start at all??? Im at my wits end what is it??? its drivin me nuts.... please help!!!!! what is it???

Krafty

Reaction score
have you considered it being either air or spark( or lack of) contributing to the pour drive ability and starting? IAC, weak spark, coil, ICM,

have you checked for spark when its not firing?

wayprow09

Reaction score
It may just be a trait of the inline six i have a 66 mustang also and it runs quite rough at idle too and then smooths right out when you start driving

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke