Nearly There :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Building an engine between rain spurts from a hurricane is a drag...

BUT, nearly there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few odd end nuts, bolts and minor stuff to go before dropping it in tomorrow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's a sneak peek ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

engine1.jpg

engine3.jpg

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
It's a 1969 351w short deck (9.2 vs 9.5) original heads that use the large angle plugs,

bored 40 over (358 ci) unsure on cam, but it's big, unsure of valves as I haven't changed them but they are big too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Edlebrock intake and 600 some cfm edle carb, long tube exhaust.

I bumped the compression a bit this time, as I had to get new jugs due to the hydrolocking that bent a rod. Went from scallop tops to flat tops on them which should get me around the 10:1 area on compression.

As for actual power.. no idea, but it can make the 35s talk out loud on pavement and has suprised quite a few people at the lights on take off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I need to find a dyno around here to get the rear wheel readings off it some day soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
B

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
The intake was a blast.. really.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />]

I used a sand blaster, outdoors (lots of ricochets...) and kept the handle squeezed just enough to get the sand to come out.

I only did the top of it, didn't get near the gasket surfaces, just in case ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and the finished it off with plasti-kote engine enamel no. 229 (clear)

Did the distributor housing the same way so it will stay clean looking for a while too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571