anybody know how to raise rear bumper after body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93eddie351

Reaction score
do i need brackets and if so where can i find them or can i work with the stock ones? any input greatly appriciated.

green streak

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I did on my 93 F150. (REAR Bumper) First I took the bumper off of the bracket. Then, I loosened up the bolts that mount to the frame from the brackets. Then I tilted the bracket up about an inch or so on each side. Then I loosened the bolts on the bumper side of the bracket and re-aligned the bumper. There was still a small gap there, but alot better than after the install.

FRONT Bumper: I had a performance accessories body lift that came with a shim to move the front bumper bolts from the stock location up to the correct height. I did have to cut out a little bit of the bottom of the front frame horns to get the bottom of the bumper to move up even with the frame.

I hope you can understand what I'm talking about because I don't have any pics. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
a quick fix, which i used for years, was putting conveyor belt in the gap. it didn't interfere with the gate coming down and it hid the body lift

Yardape

Reaction score
What I did for the rear of mine, I cut the portion off that the three bolts holes are in to mount it to the frame, I then flipped those pieces over and welded them up. Lifted the bumper to the correct height for a 3 inch body lift.

OP
OP

93eddie351

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I did on my 93 F150. (REAR Bumper) First I took the bumper off of the bracket. Then, I loosened up the bolts that mount to the frame from the brackets. Then I tilted the bracket up about an inch or so on each side. Then I loosened the bolts on the bumper side of the bracket and re-aligned the bumper. There was still a small gap there, but alot better than after the install.
FRONT Bumper: I had a performance accessories body lift that came with a shim to move the front bumper bolts from the stock location up to the correct height. I did have to cut out a little bit of the bottom of the front frame horns to get the bottom of the bumper to move up even with the frame.

I hope you can understand what I'm talking about because I don't have any pics. Good Luck.

thanks ill try it out

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke