66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Sign in to follow this  
93eddie351

anybody know how to raise rear bumper after body lift?

I'll tell you what I did on my 93 F150. (REAR Bumper) First I took the bumper off of the bracket. Then, I loosened up the bolts that mount to the frame from the brackets. Then I tilted the bracket up about an inch or so on each side. Then I loosened the bolts on the bumper side of the bracket and re-aligned the bumper. There was still a small gap there, but alot better than after the install.

FRONT Bumper: I had a performance accessories body lift that came with a shim to move the front bumper bolts from the stock location up to the correct height. I did have to cut out a little bit of the bottom of the front frame horns to get the bottom of the bumper to move up even with the frame.

I hope you can understand what I'm talking about because I don't have any pics. Good Luck.

Edited by green streak

a quick fix, which i used for years, was putting conveyor belt in the gap. it didn't interfere with the gate coming down and it hid the body lift

What I did for the rear of mine, I cut the portion off that the three bolts holes are in to mount it to the frame, I then flipped those pieces over and welded them up. Lifted the bumper to the correct height for a 3 inch body lift.

I'll tell you what I did on my 93 F150. (REAR Bumper) First I took the bumper off of the bracket. Then, I loosened up the bolts that mount to the frame from the brackets. Then I tilted the bracket up about an inch or so on each side. Then I loosened the bolts on the bumper side of the bracket and re-aligned the bumper. There was still a small gap there, but alot better than after the install.

FRONT Bumper: I had a performance accessories body lift that came with a shim to move the front bumper bolts from the stock location up to the correct height. I did have to cut out a little bit of the bottom of the front frame horns to get the bottom of the bumper to move up even with the frame.

I hope you can understand what I'm talking about because I don't have any pics. Good Luck.

thanks ill try it out

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this