ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-Cack

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their factory AC? I have a 93 with 5.8 and it is starting to act up. The first problem I noticed was on "MAX" it will just cut out for no reason, but "Normal" works fine. It blows semi cool air, but in Texas in the summer time that doesn't work. I did have it "recharged" about 5 years ago but am not sure if that worked.Does anyone know the best way to replace this so it maybe uses the new refrigerant and not the stuff that is impossible to find? Thanks

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Has anyone replaced their factory AC? I have a 93 with 5.8 and it is starting to act up. The first problem I noticed was on "MAX" it will just cut out for no reason, but "Normal" works fine. It blows semi cool air, but in Texas in the summer time that doesn't work. I did have it "recharged" about 5 years ago but am not sure if that worked.Does anyone know the best way to replace this so it maybe uses the new refrigerant and not the stuff that is impossible to find? Thanks

Maybe I can help. I'm in Florida, so I can relate to hot weather.

It is fairly easy to convert your system to the R134. Any good autoparts store should have the kits. Just be sure to change the accumulator and add the correct amount of ester oil, and have the system evacuated and recharged by a pro.

I do have some questions. What do you mean on max it will "cut out" ? Does the blower quit, or does the air just turn warm?

If it's been 5 yrs since your had a freon charge, that's pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22